|3 Mar 2014||firmament|
- The region of the air; the sky; the heavens.
- The field or sphere of an interest or activity
|2 Mar 2014||jocund|
Full of or expressing high-spirited merriment; light-hearted; mirthful.
|1 Mar 2014||apposite|
Being of striking appropriateness and relevance; very applicable; apt.
|28 Feb 2014||desuetude|
The cessation of use; discontinuance of practice or custom; disuse.
|27 Feb 2014||pellucid|
- Transparent; clear; not opaque.
- Easily understandable.
|26 Feb 2014||quondam|
Having been formerly; former; sometime.
|25 Feb 2014||recalcitrant|
Stubbornly resistant to and defiant of authority or restraint.
|24 Feb 2014||exculpate|
To clear from alleged fault or guilt; to prove to be guiltless; to relieve
of blame; to acquit.
|23 Feb 2014||demagogue|
- A leader who obtains power by means of impassioned appeals to the emotions and prejudices of the populace.
- A leader of the common people in ancient times.
|22 Feb 2014||proclivity|
A natural inclination; predisposition.
|21 Feb 2014||taciturn|
Habitually silent; not inclined to talk.
|20 Feb 2014||probity|
Complete and confirmed integrity; uprightness.
|19 Feb 2014||abscond|
To depart secretly; to steal away and hide oneself -- used especially of persons who withdraw to avoid arrest or prosecution.
|18 Feb 2014||lachrymose|
- Given to shedding tears; suffused with tears; tearful.
- Causing or tending to cause tears.
|17 Feb 2014||gravitas|
High seriousness (as in a person's bearing or in the treatment of a subject).
|16 Feb 2014||friable|
Easily crumbled, pulverized, or reduced to powder.
|15 Feb 2014||nonagenarian|
A ninety year old person; someone whose age is in the nineties.
|14 Feb 2014||doula|
A woman who assists during childbirth labor and provides support to the mother, her child and the family after childbirth.
|13 Feb 2014||levity|
- Lightness of manner or speech, especially when inappropriate or excessive; frivolity.
- Lack of steadiness or constancy; changeableness.
|12 Feb 2014||varicolored|
Having a variety of colors; of various colors.
|11 Feb 2014||ratiocination|
The process of reasoning.
|10 Feb 2014||farrago|
A confused mixture; an assortment; a medley.
|9 Feb 2014||comport|
To conduct or behave (oneself) in a particular manner.
|8 Feb 2014||forlorn|
- Sad and lonely because deserted, abandoned, or lost.
- Bereft; forsaken.
- Wretched or pitiful in appearance or condition.
- Almost hopeless; desperate.
|7 Feb 2014||arrogate|
- To claim or seize without right or justification; to appropriate.
- To claim on behalf of another; to ascribe.
|6 Feb 2014||logorrhea|
Excessive talkativeness or wordiness.
|5 Feb 2014||mellifluous|
Flowing as with honey; flowing sweetly or smoothly; as, a
|4 Feb 2014||aspersion|
- A damaging or derogatory remark; slander.
- The act of defaming or slandering.
- A sprinkling with water, especially in religious ceremonies.
|3 Feb 2014||extricate|
To free or release from a difficulty or entanglement; to get free; to disengage.
|2 Feb 2014||peccadillo|
A slight offense; a petty fault.
|1 Feb 2014||sunder|
To break apart; to separate; to divide; to sever.
|31 Jan 2014||raconteur|
One who excels in telling stories and anecdotes.
|30 Jan 2014||indomitable|
Incapable of being subdued or overcome; unconquerable.
|29 Jan 2014||desideratum|
Something desired or considered necessary.
|28 Jan 2014||nescience|
Lack of knowledge or awareness; ignorance.
|27 Jan 2014||expatiate|
- To speak or write at length or in considerable detail.
- To move about freely; to wander.
|26 Jan 2014||unctuous|
- Of the nature or quality of an unguent or ointment; fatty; oily; greasy.
- Having a smooth, greasy feel, as certain minerals.
- Insincerely or excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech; marked by a false or smug earnestness or agreeableness.
|25 Jan 2014||lenity|
The state or quality of being lenient; mildness; gentleness of treatment; leniency.
|24 Jan 2014||malediction|
|23 Jan 2014||frisson|
A moment of intense excitement; a shudder; an emotional thrill.
|22 Jan 2014||extol|
To praise highly; to glorify; to exalt.
|21 Jan 2014||obloquy|
- Strongly condemnatory or abusive language or utterance.
- The condition of disgrace suffered as a result of public blame, abuse, or condemnation; ill repute.
|20 Jan 2014||celerity|
Rapidity of motion or action; quickness; swiftness.
|19 Jan 2014||roister|
- To engage in boisterous merrymaking; to revel; to carouse.
- To bluster; to swagger.
|18 Jan 2014||cavalcade|
- A procession of riders or horse-drawn carriages.
- Any procession.
- A sequence; a series.
|17 Jan 2014||prolix|
- Extending to a great length; unnecessarily long; wordy.
- Tending to speak or write at excessive length.
|16 Jan 2014||ineluctable|
Impossible to avoid or evade; inevitable.
|15 Jan 2014||evanescent|
Liable to vanish or pass away like vapor; fleeting.
|14 Jan 2014||salubrious|
Favorable to health; promoting health; healthful.
|13 Jan 2014||tyro|
A beginner in learning; a novice.