- SSS CIP
- The Newbie Su...
- TPtP CIP
|How do I keep a thread on-topic?|
When you start a thread, you can tick "On-topic conversation only". That will mark the thread as such, and administrators will move or remove off-topic posts. |
Contact the administrators if you feel the conversation has gone off-topic and should be pruned.
When you participate in a conversation someone else has marked "On-topic conversation only", you're of course expected to keep to the topic at hand.
Admins will be merciless in deleting off-topic posts from a thread which is marked "Please keep posts on topic in this thread.". Don't take it personally if your post gets deleted because it was deemed off-topic, it happens.
|Can I remove all my forum posts from this site?|
No, once you post something on the forums it's there to stay. While CC claims no copyright on the forum posts we cannot mass-delete them upon request since this would damage the threads in which they belong and could derail an ongoing discussion completely.|
However, if you post something like a short story or a poem in the forums and want that sort of material removed please send us a request with the url of specific threads and it's certainly something that we will look into.
Keep in mind that we will not do this for people willy-nilly. We will only do this if you intend to close your account and stop using CC.
Premium members can delete posts from the forum that they own.
|Is there any way to view archived threads?|
|Yes. Click on "archive" at the bottom of each forum, then on the relevant thread.|
|How can I tell if a subject has been discussed before?|
Before starting a new thread on a specific subject it's a good idea to check whether someone has discussed it before.|
You can use the global search function at the top of the page to search for thread titles. You can then use the forum search by going into the Forums menu at the top and clicking Search Forums in order to do a full search.
|Are there any forum rules?|
Yes there are:|
- Please be nice, polite and considerate!
- We encourage a lively debate, but The Critique Circle is not responsible for individual messages. The Critique Circle reserves the right to delete, move or edit any messages that are harmful, hurtful, indecent or generally unacceptable.
-Please respect other people's opinions. If you disagree, you may of course express that, but do so politely. If a discussion has turned into a flame war, we may lock the thread and close the discussion.
- Advertising and self-promotion is not permitted on the forums, although authors can list their published books and website in their signature. Contact the administrators if you think an exception should be made regarding other advertising.
- Personal attacks and personal comments do not belong on Critique Circle. Trolls trying to incite flame wars will not be tolerated.
- Discussion about individual stories or critiques is only allowed on the "Previous stories" board. If there is no thread for that story, the author has decided it is not to be discussed in public and those wishes are to be respected. Discussion about other people's critiques should only refer to content, not to quality.
- Administrators may move discussion or individual posts between threads to keep the forums organized. They are not obliged to move or delete posts at members's request.
- Please respect other people's privacy. If you know personal information about someone, you may not disclose this without their permission. This includes citing a personal message or critique comments that will lead to the CC member being identified.
- If you have a problem with the administrator's individual decisions, please contact us directly through the message system or email, not through the forums.
-Do not post portions of critiques or personal messages in the public forums under any circumstance.
- The Critique Circle is a private password-protected site. What happens on CC stays on CC. CC submissions, crits and forum chatter is not to be used for blog fodder, and publicly ridiculing a CC member's viewpoint or opinion will not be tolerated. The poster's membership may be revoked to prevent a re-occurrence and to protect our members.
- Individuals breaking the rules may receive a warning, temporarily lose the right to participate in the forums, indefinitely lose the right to participate in the forums, or be expelled from the CritiqueCircle altogether. Consequences are at the discretion of the administrators and will depend on the severity of the violation. CC administration reserves the right to deny or revoke membership at their own discretion.
|What exactly is a thread?|
|Each topic on the forums is a thread. Click on "forums" and choose a forum, for example "General Discussion". Then you'll see a list of subjects being discussed — a list of "threads".|
|Can I post content outside of CC in the forums?|
|If it is used with the permission of who it belongs to and is accompanied with a proper source (link), then a few lines to help illustrate a point being made is permitted. Longer information should simply be offered as a link for readers to go and see for themselves.|