|Do you have a great story idea? Do you want to turn it into a novel? |
Award-winning author Janice Hardy (and founder of the popular writing site, Fiction University) takes you step-by-step through plotting and writing a novel with her book Planning Your Novel: Ideas and Structure. She'll show you how to find and develop ideas, brainstorm stories from that first spark of inspiration to a complete story, develop the right characters, setting, plot, as well as teach you how to identify where your novel fits in the market, and if your idea has what it takes to be a series.
With clear and easy-to-understand examples, Planning Your Novel: Ideas and Structure offers ten self-guided workshops with more than 100 different exercises to help you craft a solid novel. Each workshop builds upon the other to flesh out your idea as much or as little as you need to start writing (useful for both plotters and pantsers). You'll find multiple options that allow you to find the right process that works for you.
Learn how to:
Planning Your Novel: Ideas and Structure also helps you develop the critical elements for submitting and selling your novel once it's finished. You'll find exercises on how to:
- Create compelling characters readers will love
- Choose the right point of view for your story
- Determine the conflicts that will drive your plot (and keep readers hooked!)
- Find the best writing process for your writing style
- Create a solid plot from the spark of your idea
Planning Your Novel: Ideas and Structure is an easy-to-follow guide to planning and writing your novel, or fixing a novel that isn't quite working. For those who like a hands-on approach with easy-to-use worksheets, a companion...
- Craft your one-sentence pitch
- Create your summary hook blurb (which makes writing query letters and cover copy easier)
- Develop a solid working synopsis