|9 Dec 2014||taw|
- a large marble used for shooting in the game of marbles
|8 Dec 2014||chichi|
|7 Dec 2014||arbitrage|
- arbitrage \AHR-buh-trahzh\, noun:
- arbitrage, verb:
|6 Dec 2014||agog|
- in eager desire; eager; highly excited; astir
|5 Dec 2014||inclement|
- Physically severe or harsh (generally restricted to the elements or weather); rough; boisterous; stormy; rigorously cold, etc.
- Not clement; destitute of a mild and kind temper; void of tenderness; unmerciful; severe; harsh.
|4 Dec 2014||regale|
- regale\ri-GAY(uh)L\, verb:
- regale, noun:
|3 Dec 2014||knell|
- The stoke of a bell tolled at a funeral or at the death of a
person; a death signal; a passing bell; hence, figuratively,
a warning of, or a sound indicating, the passing away of
|2 Dec 2014||kobold|
- A kind of domestic spirit in German mythology, corresponding
to the Scottish brownie and the English Robin Goodfellow.
|1 Dec 2014||plethora|
- 1. Overfullness; especially, excessive fullness of the blood vessels; repletion; that state of the blood vessels or of the system when the blood exceeds a healthy standard in quantity; hyperæmia; -- opposed to anæmia.
2. State of being overfull; excess; superabundance.
|30 Nov 2014||objurgate|
- express strong disapproval of;
- censure severely
|29 Nov 2014||tmesis|
- in grammar and rhetoric, the separation of the parts of a compound word, now generally done for humorous effect; for example, what place soever instead of whatsoever place, or abso-bloody-lutely.
|28 Nov 2014||exiguity|
- Scantiness; smallness; thinness;the quality of being meager. --EXIGUOUS, adjective
|27 Nov 2014||assuage|
- To soften; to allay, mitigate, ease,
or lessen, as heat, pain, or grief; to appease or pacify, as
passion or tumult.
|26 Nov 2014||canorous|
- Melodious; musical
canorously, adv.; canorousness, n.
|25 Nov 2014||thaumaturgy|
- The act or art of performing something wonderful; magic; legerdemain
|24 Nov 2014||susurrus|
- The act of whispering; a whisper; a murmur; a rustling
|23 Nov 2014||glower|
- to stare angrily or with a scowl.
|22 Nov 2014||capacious|
- Having capacity; able to contain much; large; roomy; spacious; extended; broad; as, a capacious vessel, room, bay, or harbor.
|21 Nov 2014||capitulate|
- to surrender under agreed conditions
|20 Nov 2014||dapple|
- A small contrasting spot or blotch
|19 Nov 2014||umbrage|
- suspicion of injury or wrong; offense; resentment
|18 Nov 2014||bivouac|
- > The watch of a whole army by night, when in danger of surprise or attack 2: An encampment for the night usually without tents or covering. --v.i.; BIVOUACKED; BIVOUACKING: To encamp for the night under little or no shelter.
|17 Nov 2014||deprecate|
- to disapprove of strongly; deplore 2: belittle; "The teacher should not deprecate his student's efforts" 3 archaic: To pray against, as an evil; to seek to avert by prayer
|16 Nov 2014||emolument|
- The profit arising from office, employment, or labor; gain; compensation; advantage; perquisites, fees, or salary
|15 Nov 2014||complement|
- Something that fills up or completes.
- The quantity or number required to make up a whole or to make something complete.
- One of two parts that complete a whole or mutually complete each other; a counterpart.
|14 Nov 2014||quiddity|
- The essence, nature, or distinctive peculiarity of a thing.
- A hairsplitting distinction; a trifling point; a quibble.
- An eccentricity; an odd feature.
|13 Nov 2014||gewgaw|
A showy trifle; a trinket; a bauble.
|12 Nov 2014||pugilist|
One who fights with the fists; especially, a professional prize fighter; a boxer.
|11 Nov 2014||conurbation|
An aggregation or continuous network of urban communities.
|10 Nov 2014||doff|
- To take off, as an article of clothing.
- To tip or remove (one's hat).
- To put aside; to rid oneself of.
|9 Nov 2014||subfusc|
Dark or dull in color; drab, dusky.
|8 Nov 2014||robustious|
- Boisterous; vigorous.
- Coarse; rough; crude.
|7 Nov 2014||descant|
- (Music) (a) A melody or counterpoint sung above the plain song of the tenor. (b) The upper voice in part music.
- A discourse or discussion on a theme.
|6 Nov 2014||propinquity|
- Nearness in place; proximity.
- Nearness in time.
- Nearness of relation; kinship.
|5 Nov 2014||castigate|
To punish severely; also, to chastise verbally; to rebuke; to criticize severely.
|4 Nov 2014||jollification|
Merrymaking; festivity; revelry.
|3 Nov 2014||officious|
Marked by excessive eagerness in offering services or advice where they are neither requested nor needed; meddlesome.
|2 Nov 2014||lugubrious|
Mournful, often exaggeratedly or affectedly; woeful; gloomy.
|1 Nov 2014||succinct|
Characterized by compressed precise expression with no wasted words; brief; concise.
|31 Oct 2014||callow|
Immature; lacking adult perception, experience, or judgment.
|30 Oct 2014||posit|
- To assume as real or conceded.
- To propose as an explanation; to suggest.
- To dispose or set firmly or fixedly.
|29 Oct 2014||atelier|
|28 Oct 2014||badinage|
Light, playful talk; banter.
|27 Oct 2014||fetid|
Having an offensive smell; stinking.
|26 Oct 2014||ukase|
- In imperial Russia, a published proclamation or order having the force of law.
- Any order or decree issued by an authority; an edict.
|25 Oct 2014||cogent|
Having the power to compel conviction; appealing to the mind or to reason; convincing.
|24 Oct 2014||irrefragable|
Impossible to refute; incontestable; undeniable; as, an irrefragable argument; irrefragable evidence.
|23 Oct 2014||flippant|
Lacking proper seriousness or respect; showing inappropriate levity; pert.
|22 Oct 2014||palindrome|
A word, phrase, sentence, or verse that reads the same backward or forward.
|21 Oct 2014||orotund|
- Characterized by fullness, clarity, strength, and smoothness of sound.
- Pompous; bombastic.