|1 Nov 2014||succinct|
Characterized by compressed precise expression with no wasted words; brief; concise.
|31 Oct 2014||callow|
Immature; lacking adult perception, experience, or judgment.
|30 Oct 2014||posit|
- To assume as real or conceded.
- To propose as an explanation; to suggest.
- To dispose or set firmly or fixedly.
|29 Oct 2014||atelier|
|28 Oct 2014||badinage|
Light, playful talk; banter.
|27 Oct 2014||fetid|
Having an offensive smell; stinking.
|26 Oct 2014||ukase|
- In imperial Russia, a published proclamation or order having the force of law.
- Any order or decree issued by an authority; an edict.
|25 Oct 2014||cogent|
Having the power to compel conviction; appealing to the mind or to reason; convincing.
|24 Oct 2014||irrefragable|
Impossible to refute; incontestable; undeniable; as, an irrefragable argument; irrefragable evidence.
|23 Oct 2014||flippant|
Lacking proper seriousness or respect; showing inappropriate levity; pert.
|22 Oct 2014||palindrome|
A word, phrase, sentence, or verse that reads the same backward or forward.
|21 Oct 2014||orotund|
- Characterized by fullness, clarity, strength, and smoothness of sound.
- Pompous; bombastic.
|20 Oct 2014||vim|
Power; force; energy; spirit; activity; vigor.
|19 Oct 2014||parlous|
Attended with peril; fraught with danger; hazardous.
|18 Oct 2014||wayworn|
|17 Oct 2014||booboisie|
A class of people regarded as stupid or foolish.
|16 Oct 2014||meticulous|
Extremely or excessively careful about details.
|15 Oct 2014||circumlocution|
The use of many words to express an idea that might be expressed by few; indirect or roundabout language; a periphrase.
|14 Oct 2014||panacea|
A remedy for all diseases, problems, or evils; a universal medicine; a cure-all.
|13 Oct 2014||repast|
Something taken as food; a meal.
|12 Oct 2014||encumbrance|
- Something that burdens or impedes; a burdensome and troublesome load; an impediment.
- A claim or lien upon property.
|11 Oct 2014||practicable|
- Capable of being done, accomplished, or put into practice; feasible; as, "a practicable method; a practicable aim."
- Capable of being used; usable.
|10 Oct 2014||bouleversement|
Complete overthrow; a reversal; a turning upside down.
|9 Oct 2014||algorithm|
A step-by-step procedure for solving a problem in a finite number of steps that often involves repetition of an operation.
|8 Oct 2014||edacious|
Given to eating; voracious; devouring.
|7 Oct 2014||hale|
Free from disease and weakening conditions; healthy.
|6 Oct 2014||missive|
A written message; a letter.
|5 Oct 2014||coruscate|
- To give off or reflect bright beams or flashes of light; to sparkle.
- To exhibit brilliant, sparkling technique or style.
|4 Oct 2014||pukka|
- Authentic; genuine.
- Good of its kind; first-class.
|3 Oct 2014||obsequious|
Marked by or exhibiting servile attentiveness; compliant to excess; fawning.
|2 Oct 2014||visage|
- The face or appearance of a person or an animal; -- chiefly applied to the human face.
- Appearance; aspect.
|1 Oct 2014||segue|
To proceed without interruption; to make a smooth transition.
|30 Sep 2014||fealty|
- Fidelity to one's lord; the feudal obligation by which the tenant or vassal was bound to be faithful to his lord.
- The oath by which this obligation was assumed.
- Fidelity; allegiance; faithfulness.
|29 Sep 2014||impassive|
- Devoid of or unsusceptible to emotion.
- Showing no sign of emotion or feeling; expressionless.
|28 Sep 2014||multifarious|
Having great diversity or variety; of various kinds; diversified.
|27 Sep 2014||nugatory|
- Trifling; insignificant; inconsequential.
- Having no force; inoperative; ineffectual.
|26 Sep 2014||aver|
- To affirm with confidence; to declare in a positive manner, as in confidence of asserting the truth.
- (Law) To assert, claim, or declare as a fact.
|25 Sep 2014||beneficence|
The practice of doing good; active goodness, kindness, or charity; bounty springing from purity and goodness.
|24 Sep 2014||matutinal|
Relating to or occurring in the morning; early.
|23 Sep 2014||circumambient|
Surrounding; being on all sides; encompassing.
|22 Sep 2014||clarion|
- A kind of trumpet having a clear and shrill note.
- The sound of this instrument or a sound similar to it.
|21 Sep 2014||parley|
A conference or discussion, especially with an enemy, as with regard to a truce or other matters.
|20 Sep 2014||inscrutable|
Difficult to fathom or understand; difficult to be explained or accounted for satisfactorily; obscure; incomprehensible; impenetrable; as, an inscrutable design or event.
|19 Sep 2014||gubernatorial|
Of or pertaining to a governor.
|18 Sep 2014||cadre|
- A core or nucleus of trained or otherwise qualified personnel around which an organization is formed.
- A tightly knit and trained group of dedicated members active in
promoting the interests of a revolutionary party.
- A member of such a group.
- A framework upon which a larger entity can be built; a scheme.
|17 Sep 2014||tenebrous|
|16 Sep 2014||paroxysm|
- (Medicine) A sudden attack, intensification, or recurrence of a disease.
- Any sudden and violent emotion or action; an outburst; a fit.
|15 Sep 2014||ersatz|
Being a substitute or imitation, usually an inferior one.
|14 Sep 2014||captious|
- Marked by a disposition to find fault or raise objections.
- Calculated to entrap or confuse, as in an argument.
|13 Sep 2014||ostentation|
Excessive or pretentious display; boastful showiness.