|9 Dec 2013||hauteur|
Haughty manner, spirit, or bearing; haughtiness; arrogance.
|8 Dec 2013||fugacious|
Lasting but a short time; fleeting.
|7 Dec 2013||claque|
- A group hired to applaud at a performance.
- A group of fawning admirers.
|6 Dec 2013||pusillanimous|
Lacking in courage and resolution; contemptibly fearful; cowardly.
|5 Dec 2013||perforce|
By necessity; by force of circumstance.
|4 Dec 2013||philomath|
A lover of learning; a scholar.
|3 Dec 2013||gelid|
|2 Dec 2013||redoubt|
- A small and usually temporary defensive fortification.
- A defended position or protective barrier.
- A secure place of refuge or defense; a stronghold.
|1 Dec 2013||myrmidon|
- [Capitalized] A member of a warlike Thessalian people who followed Achilles on the expedition against Troy.
- A loyal follower, especially one who executes orders without question, protest, or pity.
|30 Nov 2013||countervail|
- To act against with equal force, power, or effect; to counteract.
- To compensate for; to offset; to furnish or serve as an equivalent to.
|29 Nov 2013||discursive|
- Passing from one topic to another; ranging over a wide field; digressive; rambling.
- Utilizing, marked by, or based on analytical reasoning -- contrasted with intuitive.
|28 Nov 2013||abominate|
To hate in the highest degree; to detest intensely; to loathe; to abhor.
|27 Nov 2013||pleonasm|
- The use of more words than are necessary to express an idea; as, "I saw it with my own eyes."
- An instance or example of pleonasm.
- A superfluous word or expression.
|26 Nov 2013||surreptitious|
- Done, made, or gotten by stealth.
- Acting with or marked by stealth.
|25 Nov 2013||nimiety|
The state of being too much; excess.
|24 Nov 2013||fiat|
- An arbitrary or authoritative command or order.
- Formal or official authorization or sanction.
|23 Nov 2013||agitprop|
Propaganda, especially pro-communist political propaganda disseminated through literature, drama, music, or art.
|22 Nov 2013||malapropos|
Unseasonable; unsuitable; inappropriate.
|21 Nov 2013||sentient|
- Capable of perceiving by the senses; conscious.
- Experiencing sensation or feeling.
|20 Nov 2013||asseverate|
To affirm or declare positively or earnestly.